[TYPO3-dev] Bugs in IE6 with HTTPS

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Wed Sep 20 14:02:24 CEST 2006

Hi folks!

Daniel Brün wrote:
> 3. Text/Image-Content-Element: Open the CE, delete the image (using the
> trashcan) and save the CE... voila: the name of the image is still in
> the list and the thumbnail-image is broken. Both of which should not
> happen...

Obviously this was a bug in PHP 5.1.2.
The base problem seemed to be the handling of empty POST-Variables in
https which lead to the strange behaviour mentioned above. The same
problem appeared when trying to clear out some input-fields (like
subtitle, alias and co) and then save the content element. Those empty
input fields were not processed and therefore NOT cleared at all.

So, if you have the same problem, upgrade to some PHP version greater
than 5.1.2. I tried 5.1.6 and everything seems to work just great!

(linux, apache 1.x and TYPO3 4.0.2)

Cheers,
Dan