[TYPO3-dev] $TCA - to complex for my little brain...

Christian Tauscher Christian.Tauscher at kodiak.de
Sat Sep 16 22:12:17 CEST 2006

Hi there!

I am stuck with TCA... again.

Heres is my TCA- Array (Part):

"field" => Array (
	"exclude" => 1,
	"label" => "The Label",
	"config" => Array (
		"type" => "group",
		"internal_type" => "db",
		"allowed" => "tx_theForeignTable",
		"size" => 1,
		"minitems" => 0,
		"maxitems" => 1,
		)
	),

In the List-View I only see the uid of the record in the foreign Table.
But I would like to see the "title" field of this Entry
(tx_theForeignTable.title).

In the TCA-Reference there is some Example:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/4/2/

 > Example - Reference to another page
 > You will often see "group" type fields used when a reference to
 > another page is required. This makes sense since pages can hardly be
 > presented effectively in a big selector box and thus the Element
 > Browser that follows the "group" type fields is useful. An example is
 > the "General Record Storage page" reference:
 > The configuration looks like:

 >   1: 'storage_pid' => Array (
 >   2:     'exclude' => 1,
 >   3:     'label' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_tca.php:storage_pid',
 >   4:     'config' => Array (
 >   5:         'type' => 'group',
 >   6:         'internal_type' => 'db',
 >   7:         'allowed' => 'pages',
 >   8:         'size' => '1',
 >   9:         'maxitems' => '1',
 >  10:         'minitems' => '0',
 >  11:         'show_thumbs' => '1'
 >  12:     )
 >  13: ),

Since there is a Picture showing the Name of the Page, not the UID, it
seems to me the thing what I Want to, but what is the difference vom
Kaspars Example to my one?

Would be nice if you can help me in this Case.

Thenak a lot to all,

Christian.