[TYPO3-dev] GIFBUILDER and Click-Enlarge - IDEA

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Wed Sep 13 15:22:58 CEST 2006

Hi list!

At the moment it is not possible (at least I would not know) to use the
click-enlarge feature on images that have been computed using GIFBUILDER.
On the other hand using GIFBUILDER for images in content elements is
highly desirable (for borders, effects, shadows, watermarks, whatever).

Simply put, something like...

tt_content.image.20.1.file = GIFBUILDER
tt_content.image.20.1.file {
}

...will break click-enlarge.

Logically it will do so, because at this point TYPO3 does not know of
any "original" image to be displayed in a popup.

Therefore it would be great to be able to define some kind of
"base"-image (or even better, a base-GIFBUILDER-object ;-) ) to be
displayed in the JS-Popup.
I have not dived too deep into the core, but I imagine this feature
would not even require much coding...

What do you think?

Cheers,
Dan