[TYPO3-dev] Dynamic Backend Editing

Oliver Hader oh at inpuiblica.de
Sat Sep 9 13:11:36 CEST 2006

Hi Berndhard,

>>> I guess it happend again that two people did the exactly same thing :)
>>
>> Maybe I'd like to go out, run around and scream loudly. But I don't do
>> that, because it's goofy. ;)
>
> It will almost be not avoidable that some work gets created twice :)  sad but true.

Hm, okay... ;)
But it really seems that we had or have the same ideas and thought on a
common issue. That remembers me to Kasper's "jar with nuts competition"
at the T3DD06. So what we both were doing cannot be wrong... ;)

>> So summarize, kb_tca_section brings dynamic to flexforms using TCA
>> tables,
> I guess we misunderstood us - you talk about AJAX stuff .. i talk about data structures. My
> extension brings absolutely nothing "AJAX-dynamic" stuff ...
>
>> dynaflex brings dynamic to flexforms and
> AFAIK also the "dynamic" of dynaflex is rather focues on "reloading" the page and getting other
> fields and Tabs ... but not based on AJAX

You're right, I just wanted to show how the term "dynamic" or "related"
is interpreted in the different extensions.

> You are focusing on updating the BE-forms using an AJAX concept - i guess this is a neat thing
> to have but we should approach it in a more "general" way - i.e. having a t3lib_tceforms_ajax.php
> class which renders tceforms using AJAX.

Okay, that could be the next step. Of course I support the general way.

>> So is there a way to put these three things together in a "strategy"?
> So what would be nice is if your extension "dynbeedit" would share a compatible data-structe with
> the tca_section extension so your extension can get used as a drop-in replacement when using kb_shop
> so it is possible to dynamically add section elements :)

Okay, I that's a request and I'll see what I can do. In the next days
I'll have a look to your extension and think about how an interface
could look like.

> BTW: I introduced the page-TS-config option:
>
> mod.web_list.hideTables = tx_mytable_tableA,tx_mytable_tableB
> in TYPO3 4.0.0 - using this option it is possible to hide the "realted" tables from "normal" editing - as those
> records should mostly only get edited from within their parent records ....

Very goog point, I like the way how it could be configured.

olly

--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/