[TYPO3-dev] TER-Rating as standalone extension?

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Thu Sep 7 08:26:14 CEST 2006

Franz Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to know if the new rating-part of TER will become a
> standalone extension that can be used by various other extensions? I
> didn't know where to ask exactly, and tt_rating is not really usefull or
> flexible enough.

Hi Franz,

I'm afraid that there are too many specialties (starting from the rating
algorithms) for TER to reasonably reuse code from ter_fe. Since ratings
are not so hard to implement, we could without too much effort do this
as a general extension. I'll hopefully have some time for this later
this month. You can, of course, always look at the ratings code
yourself, it is in ter_fe/pi1/class_ratings.php

Cheers,
Michael