[TYPO3-dev] svn fails to commit manual.sxw

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Sep 6 17:24:05 CEST 2006

Hello Jigal,

> If I read it correctly SubVersion complains about inconsistent line endings in the file.
> Since .sxw is a zipped collection of XML files it should be treated as a binary file.
>
> On our company SVN system we do not use the copy-and-merge methods of SubVersion for binary file formats, but simply require the person who wants to edit the file to lock it (and after committing the changes the lock is automatically released).

thanks for this hint about binary.

I have deleted the manual.sxw now from SVN and readded it.

[franz at localhost doc]$ svn delete manual.sxw
D         manual.sxw
[franz at localhost doc]$ svn commit -m 'try to overcome error message with
line endings'
copied manual.sxw back to the doc folder

[franz at localhost doc]$ svn add manual.sxw
A  (bin)  manual.sxw
[franz at localhost doc]$ svn commit  -m 'new initial version because of
error with line endings'
Domaine d'authentification : <https://svn.sourceforge.net:443>
SourceForge Subversion area
Mot de passe pour 'useraccount' :
Ajout   (bin)  doc/manual.sxw
Transmission des données .
Révision 3663 propagée.

So I succeeded in changing it into binary mode. Maybe there would be an
easier way to do this.

- Franz