[TYPO3-dev] Key events FYI

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Sep 5 08:58:59 CEST 2006

Johannes Reichardt schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> just wanted to post this since there was a discussion about such
> features a good time ago:
>
> http://boring.youngpup.net/2004/chord
>
> this is a very nice way to add key handlers to your website (like ctrt+s
> etc...)

If I understand it's about multi-key-press triggers (chords) no about
simple shortcuts like ctrl-s (which is easy to implement).

So I guess the idea is to use ctrl-shit-<key>, ctrl-alt-<key> or some
ctrl-<key1>-<key2> combos. Firefox uses at least one ctrl-shit-<key> combo
(ctrl-shit-w), so it's probably ctrl-alt-<key> that should be used as I can
think of no sensible ctrl-<key1>-<key2> combo. ctrl-t-<key> (t for TYPO3)
looks like a cramp in my hand.

Masi