[TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.0.1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Sep 4 21:52:17 CEST 2006

Hi Matthew,

> On a related note I have this draft for a new doc 'Easy 5 minute TYPO3
> v4.0 websites' and I am happy to write this.
>
> 1) Resolving file permissions on shared host servers
> 2) Build your HTML web page template with markers
> 3) Build your default CSS file
> 4) Add a root page for your new website
> 5) Add a root setup template to TYPO3
> 6) Add an extension probably auto alias
> 7) Add content pages with the create many pages function
> 8) View the front end with friendly page urls. /welcome.html (Simulate
> static on alias)
> 9) Create a front end user and password protected pages

Well, this is a mix of an installation, usage and development guide:

Install guide:
This is already existing as the "Installation & Upgrade" tutorial. I don't
believe it is too complicated/long, but a short introduction chapter at the
beginning might fit perfectly...

There is also a little tutorial in INSTALL.txt of every release, and you can
find this file somewhere in the Wiki, where you can make suggestions and
corrections.

Usage guide:
Covered by "Quickstart" tutorial

Development guide:
Probably MTB 1+2, FTB

I think that it doesn't make much sense to write everything from scratch
again. But maybe a little compilation would be nice, containing references
to all these documents and the interesting chapters.

After all this is a lot of work, and it should probably be coordinated by
someone. Unfortunately the "DocTeam" doesn't really exist anymore. Maybe
you are willing to put some efforts in there?

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out