[TYPO3-dev] Key events FYI

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Sep 4 21:23:52 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry and Johannes,

> Johannes Reichardt wrote:
>> just wanted to post this since there was a discussion about such
>> features a good time ago:
>>
>> http://boring.youngpup.net/2004/chord
>>
>> this is a very nice way to add key handlers to your website (like ctrt+s
>> etc...)
>
> Great thing but not directly related to typo3. Next time post to
> offtopic list, please. It already has several nice bookmarks.

This is indeed interesting stuff. I remember that we've once tried to make
simple shortcuts working in the BE (e.g. Ctrl+x for closing an edit form)
but failed because there was no standard, and every browser offered
different keys for custom usage.

I can't remember which bug it was, but maybe you find it easily, so please
attach this link there...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out