[TYPO3-dev] Making backend records read-only

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Sat Sep 2 00:11:11 CEST 2006

I'm trying to make certain backend records within an extension
read-only, but I haven't been able to figure out of its possible.

I've seen the readOnly flag in the ctrl section of the TCA, which can be
used to set an entire table as readOnly (See [1]).  I'm looking for a
way to achieve this same effect on a per-record basis though, depending
on whether a flag is set in the record.

My first thought was to to find a hook and modify the TCA on the fly for
each record, but I haven't been able to find any hooks to modify list
view (looking in typo3/class.db_list.inc and typo3/class.db_list_extra.inc).

Does anyone have suggestions on how this can be done?

Thanks,
Jeff

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/4/2