[TYPO3-dev] typo3 5.0

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Tue Oct 31 18:57:58 CET 2006

Klaus Hinum schrieb:

>> Masi
> but this serialized data change doesn't "fix" the performance problem to
> select specific parts of the xml content. for example a weight field in
> a flexible content element can't be selected using sql easily (as far as
> i know). for example finding all items with a weight between 2 and 4.5
> kg. the only solution (now) i know of is to use regex (which should also
> be slow). but what can i do with a serialized array, i would need to
> select all items an process them with php (or am i wrong, because this
> is exactly my performance problem now).

maybe you can use a hook in the db-store method to extract your fields
and store them in a seperate index table (uid, src_uid, fieldname, value)

that schould be better for fast searching and is quite easy to implement
(much less than half a year :-)) )

regards Martin

i know that this is a waste of memory