[TYPO3-dev] typo3 5.0

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 30 21:50:21 CET 2006

R. van Twisk schrieb:

> However the update scripts are a lot easer doing this in the
> XML then with serialized arrays...

As an update script runs only once this doesn't matter much. I can live
with XML, but to be hinest I don't think that storing XML in a DB is a
great idea. I know that XMLpath support has been added to some systems,
but still I think the idea isn't so good and to me it's just a hype.

And as for your conversion concerns. a) I don't share them and think I
could handle the upgrade well if I wanted to. b) TYPO3 should not waste
resources and throw away speed gains because some updates are not easy.
Why should TYPO3 provide an "instant update" to utf8?

Masi