[TYPO3-dev] 404 error handling proposition from Ben and Dimitry

Peter Kraume usenet at kraume.de
Mon Oct 30 09:28:56 CET 2006

Hi Ben and Dimitry,

I've read your article about 404 error handling with TYPO3 4.0.1
(http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-4-0-1-404/) but I have a
problem now.

My site is set up with the single tree approach. I've configured RealURL
to use valueDefault within the preVars. So my 404 page in the root of
the page tree always get a country prefix.

When I set [FE][pageNotFound_handling] to /404/ now, it doesn't work
since the language prefix is missing. How can I set up
[FE][pageNotFound_handling] to use the individual translation for the
404 page?

Thx for any advice and keep up your good work!
Peter