[TYPO3-dev] typo3 5.0

Klaus Hinum k_hinum at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 09:22:46 CET 2006

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Patrick Gaumond" <patrick at typo3quebec.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1161792111.1278.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>Klaus Hinum wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Group (dev team),
>>>
>>>here comes a real bad ass question, because i need to write some
>>>extensions for our project that would be obsolete with typo3 5.0 (because
>>>of the proposed content structure) i wanted to ask:
>>>
>>>when is typo3 5.0 planned to be released?
>>>i don't need a date, but if you state - next year
>>>or in approximately a year i would not start our extensions but wait for
>>>typo3 5.0 (i have time), but if takes more than 1,5 - 2 years from now
>>>on, i have to start the extensions (and they will be more or less hacks).
>>>so if anybody has same plans for me ...
>>
> never heard before that this should be a reason to wait - when 5 is released
> you don't start because version 6 will change some ways of handling ?
>
> vg  Steffen
>
>>No one knows for sure but everyone know that 5.0 will take time and that
>>4.x will be there for the next 3-4 years... at least!
>>
>>So just start coding on something that exist.
>>
>>Patrick

thanks for your answers,

the reason is, that the templavoila "way" of embedding xml in the fields
is too slow for the things we want to make (but we need the
flexibility). so i would have to implement either a whole structure as
proposed by 5.0 or an intelligent caching mechanism. either solutions
are worthless as soon as 5.0 arrives (and we want to update). so if my
codings take up half a year and after one year 5.0 comes (for example)
my work was more or less not important (waste of time for half a year of
performance).

but i think nobody of the dev team wants to answer (or reads this), so
nevermind

regards
klaus