[TYPO3-dev] Odd workspace error message

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Oct 25 10:30:55 CEST 2006

Hi!

I have a custom workspace wich allows auto-versioning and disables only
branch versions. I was working in this WS as admin and this is what I did:

I created a new page (the page was marked green in the page tree). Then I
tried to copy a content element from another page in this WS (no WS
version, only the LIVE one) to this new page.

Then I got this incomprehensible error:

: 1: Could not be edited in offline workspace in the branch where found
:  (failure state: 'Online record was not in versionized branch!').
: Auto-creation of version not allowed in workspace!

After acknowledging the message I found that the record has been created
anyway.

The question is what has happened? And what does the message mean anyway?
I'm not a native speaker myself, but I doubt that the first part is a
meaningful English sentence. Of course no offence meant to the author of
the message.

As I have found that WS errors are not easily understood without language
problems, I am looking for a talented volunteer native speaker who checks
all those error messages.

And of course the HAVE TO BE LOCALIZED. English only messages in the BE are
to me a major HCI problem.

Masi