[TYPO3-dev] alwaysActivePIDlist

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Oct 24 16:59:32 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Unlike DAM and DBAL which didn't even work properly for 4.0....
>
> DAM is not a part of 4.0,

I know but it has been promised for 4.0.

> I did not try DBAL...

The bug fix versions made it possible for me to use it with Oracle and it
seems to work with SQL Server.

I don't know if PostgreSQL worked with 4.0 out of the box but I works now.

But maybe I was only disappointed that DBAL did not work with the major
databases right from the start as both Oracle and SQL server are available
in free versions. So nobody had to spend money to test it, bt I guess that
Karsten didn't had more time and nobody was trying to coordinate or sponsor
polishing of the extension.

Anyway I think my point holds: there is no detail "whats new" info. In fact
there should be more of them targeted at developers, site admins and users.

Masi