[TYPO3-dev] alwaysActivePIDlist

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Oct 24 02:29:25 CEST 2006

>> Maybe we could add a "value-copy" into TS. Or we could create a
>> function for it:
>>
>> obj1.prop := objVal(obj2)
>
> Good idea, this would be much faster then executing stdWrap on all
> properties.
>
> I'd call it cObjVal() though.

You don't have to "execute" stdWrap on all properties if you do it on
demand.
If there is whatever['stdWrap.'] do something, else do nothing.

With "value copy" it might even be slower than stdWrap since you had to use
cObjGetSingle (including stdWrap) and copy the value to the desired place.

So "value copy" only makes sense if you want to reuse the same predefined
value in different places. But this can already be done with LOAD_REGISTER
so it would be enough to have stdWrap available, since you would be able to
use
data = register:whatever
with it.

Joey