[TYPO3-dev] getRootLine

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon Oct 23 17:05:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

i need for extension all pages from one Rootline. Now I have a problem,
cause there is no way to get them by one SQL.
I have to run through all pages and have to decide with the function
getRootLine() if the page is in the wanted rootline.

This is very unperformant, and for each page there will be a loop with
dbqueries (i don't count all db requests :) )

So maybe I'm wrong, but would it be much easier if the table pages has one
or two more fields specifying the position ? Then it would be possible with
one or less Queries, so like other nested sets, simular to this model:
http://www.php-resource.de/tutorials/read/21/1/ (german, sry)

Or maybe simply one field with the rootline pid may help.
I think there are more possible ways, just want to discuss it with the list
and i'm very interested about your input.

vg  Steffen