[TYPO3-dev] Change TCA eval based on type?

Neil Bertram neil at tasmanstudios.co.nz
Mon Oct 23 09:13:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

Is there currently a way to override TCA "columns" entries based on the
"types"? I would specifically like to set the eval field...

What I have is a table with lots of fields, and also many "types" based
on a select. Depending on the type selected, I would like certain fields
to become mandatory and others optional. I can't find a way to do this
currently...

If this is a feature that doesn't exist, I'm happy to work on a core
patch to allow an overlay of columns from within types, eg:

$TCA['footable'] = array(
    'columns' => array(
          'colname' => array(
              'label' => 'foo',