[TYPO3-dev] Fail-safe mechanism for database connectivityproblem

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Wed Oct 11 10:21:57 CEST 2006

John Angel schrieb:
>> The point is that a single page may called via a number of names.
>> There is
>> a hook in TYPO3 to get the page id from the URL given. As I have said
>> this
>> is not a probem for standard URLs and simulate static ones, because all
>> necessary info is in the URL itself. If this is enough for you then you
>> are
>> nearly done.
>

> For the start, is there a simple way to do this:
>
> 1/ Fill cache with all pages (should be done as cron job for the complete
> site, all over and over again)

I would try the following concept:

1) cache your content with wget to a path in document root
2) develop small default.php checking for
	I) static content -> deliver from cache
	II) dynamic content
		a) everything fine with the server deliver TYPO3 content
		b) problem with DB or s.th. else: T.B.D what to deliver

Regs. Peter.