[TYPO3-dev] Fail-safe mechanism for database connectivityproblem

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 9 14:19:32 CEST 2006

John Angel schrieb:
>>> Or we can do "simulate static" + "real static":
>>> 1/ Apache does rewrite thing
>>> 2/ Typo3 tries to fetch dynamic page from database
>>> 3/ Database is down; Typo3 fetches real HTML page from hard disc using
>>> file
>>> name in http request.
>>

>> 2 and 3 is what I would do. What rewriting shall occur in 1?
>
> Nothing new, but the existing one which 'simulate static' feature uses:
> http://theunalteredtruth.com/index.php?id=225

Eh? This is only the usual rewrite so TYPO3 get's called at all. Something
similar is needed for Real URL.

The point is that a single page may called via a number of names. There is
a hook in TYPO3 to get the page id from the URL given. As I have said this
is not a probem for standard URLs and simulate static ones, because all
necessary info is in the URL itself. If this is enough for you then you are
nearly done.

Masi