[TYPO3-dev] Fail-safe mechanism for database connectivityproblem

Dan Frost dan at 3ev.com
Mon Oct 9 13:39:32 CEST 2006

Yes - and No.

You should always work out why a problem happens, but should avoid the
problem having any effect on the user experience.

There's no reason why public users should ever see "Database username
and password were not accepted" - the public should see graceful
degradation; a nice static HTML page.

dan

--
Dan Frost