[TYPO3-dev] [?? Probable Spam] Re: Fail-safe mechanism for database connectivityproblem

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 9 09:45:56 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Not quite right. You could - and must IMHO - store a version for each
>> language.
>

> I prefer to balance efforts with real needs. I think this error happens
> quite seldom on a normal setup, so it is worth to make only one static
> page. If necessary, user can display various pages depending on L
> paramter using localconf.php the same as it is done for 404. This is
> enough in my opinion.

Are you talking about the error pages? I was talking about the cached pages.

Basically the fail-safe mechanism we're talking abvout here is trying to
use a disk-based cache without any DB access. So what do we miss without
DB? Apart from truly dynamic content only the session info. The mapping
from the URL to the cache file should be done completely without DB. IMHO
you don't need it to resolve the L-parameter (eg by adding it to a md5-hash
for cache-file-lookup).

Masi