[TYPO3-dev] Fail-safe mechanism for database connectivityproblem

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Oct 9 08:02:42 CEST 2006

John Angel wrote:
>> I prefer to balance efforts with real needs. I think this error happens
>> quite seldom on a normal setup, so it is worth to make only one static
>> page. If necessary, user can display various pages depending on L
>> paramter using localconf.php the same as it is done for 404. This is
>> enough in my opinion.
>
> 404 can be customized in multiple languages, because it is database driven,
> right?

404 does not get L parameter. It is called exactly as you specify.

> Dmitry, so you are suggesting one universal HTML page, saying in several
> languages the same thing?

I said that you can do your own analisys of L. For example:

if ($_GET['L'] == '1') {
   $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling'] = '/400-fr/';
}
else {
   $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling'] = '/400-en/';
}

Same for database errors.

> BTW, what fatal errors are we talking about? 'Database down', what else?

Not yet clear. I plan to search for all possible places with various
error boxes and make centralized point where errors are handled. The
bease will be the code for 404 processing. I.e. I think there will be
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['databaseError_handling'] or similar.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs