[TYPO3-dev] Fail-safe mechanism for database connectivityproblem

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Oct 9 02:30:58 CEST 2006

John Angel wrote:
>> I prefer to balance efforts with real needs. I think this error happens
>> quite seldom on a normal setup, so it is worth to make only one static
>> page. If necessary, user can display various pages depending on L
>> paramter using localconf.php the same as it is done for 404. This is
>> enough in my opinion.
>>

> 404 can be customized in multiple languages, because it is database driven,
> right?
>
> Dmitry, so you are suggesting one universal HTML page, saying in several
> languages the same thing?
>
> BTW, what fatal errors are we talking about? 'Database down', what else?

I think the point that Dmitry was making is that from the L variable
you cannot see what language was intended from the ID.

This is because there 'might' be no connection to the database to find
that out.

I agree with Dmitry that these sort of error will not happen to often so
it's not
worth to much effort...

I would suggest a similar mechanism as how we do it with 404 error
handling.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk