[TYPO3-dev] Extending extension plugin with XCLASS

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Fri Oct 6 17:15:01 CEST 2006

Jan-Philipp Halle wrote:
> I had the same problem extending a SUB class of direct_mail.
> The method I wanted to rewrite was in the class which was
> included by the MAIN class.
>
> Solution:
> XCLASS-extend both - the SUB class AND the MAIN class. In the
> MAIN class I replaced all functions which initiate the SUB class
> to rewrite the "makeInstance" calls:
>
> SUB class: dmailer -> XCLASS of SUB class: ux_dmailer
>
> MAIN class: t3lib_div::makeInstance('dmailer') ->
> XCLASS of MAIN class: t3lib_div::makeInstance('ux_dmailer')

Thanks for your help.  I finally figured out the problem: I needed to
name my class ux_tx_cal_controller instead of ux_cal_controller.  This
is obvious to me now, but it wasn't clear yesterday since the Core API
docs always refer to system classes (e.g. tslib_content) that have no
tx_ in front.  Oh well!

Cheers,
Ryan