[TYPO3-dev] Extending extension plugin with XCLASS

Jan-Philipp Halle typo3 at dot3agentur.de
Fri Oct 6 07:57:00 CEST 2006

I had the same problem extending a SUB class of direct_mail.
The method I wanted to rewrite was in the class which was
included by the MAIN class.

Solution:
XCLASS-extend both - the SUB class AND the MAIN class. In the
MAIN class I replaced all functions which initiate the SUB class
to rewrite the "makeInstance" calls:

SUB class: dmailer -> XCLASS of SUB class: ux_dmailer

MAIN class: t3lib_div::makeInstance('dmailer') ->
XCLASS of MAIN class: t3lib_div::makeInstance('ux_dmailer')

Hope this helps
Jan-Philipp