[TYPO3-dev] tt_address 2.0.0 underway, please test

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 28 11:34:36 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 28.11.2006 10:43:

>> About the "Name" field, I would argue that it is not only used for
>> storing the fullname when there hasn't been two separate fields for it
>> before. One might need to manage a list of "organization" addresses (not
>> persons), where the generic "Name" field is used to store the name of
>> the organization, and first/lastname fields for the contact person on
>> site.
>
> I sometimes use more than one "full name" field depending on purpose:
> disaplay field (eg "Martin Kutschker"), sort field (eg "Kutschker,
> Martin").
>
> For Amercians I suggest a middle_name. I still miss
> sex/gender/salutation (after a glance at ext_tables.sql).
> For German newsletters I usually have to add either sex or salutaion.
> And as we Austrians are so keen on (academic) titles (eg "Dr."), I add
> them as well. Are American degrees used in postal addresses (eg "Frank
> Miller MSc.")?

True. +1 for gender and +1 for (academic) title.

> Apropos fields: street and number are also on my
> things-I-have-to-add-everytime-list :-)

Isn't the "address" field enought for this? It can be a Street+Number or
a Postal Code or whatever. I prefer a single field for that than
splitting that info in multiple fields and then having to add logic to
the output plugin (or template) to put together the information in
different ways depending on the content of multiple fields.

Cheers,
Ernesto