[TYPO3-dev] switch default language.

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Mon Nov 27 20:50:56 CET 2006

Stig Nørgaard Færch schrieb:
> What would it take switch which language is the default language.
>
> Let's say I have a preinstalled site which contains both english and
> german language. English is the default language.
> But I only need the german content. So I need to get rid of the english
> content and make german default language.
>
> Could I write an extension to switch which language is default language?
> And would the same formular for creating this extension be valid for all
> translation paradigms?

Basically it's a delete in all (localized) tables where language id = 0
and an update of all other records where the language id is the new
default language (setting it to 0).

You can make this TCA baces and fully automated.

Beware though of Templa Voila, there it is not so easy. You have
probably parse the XML and do some transformations.

Masi