[TYPO3-dev] Customizing List view for extensions beyond tca.php

John Nicholas typo3user at mobosplash.com
Mon Nov 27 16:50:48 CET 2006

Can anyone point me to where I can find out more about customizing the
list view beyond the values in tca.php? I've come across several
situations where I would like to do a more informative view. Here are a
couple of scenarios I'd like to do.

One is a list of images that don't consistently have any other meta
data. Could I just show them as thumbnails rather than image names?

Another is where the most important field is a date. Currently they show
like this in the list: "11-01-06 (-26 days)" or "12-01-06 (4 days)". I'd
like them to show just as "11-01-06" or "12-01-06". I also noticed that
when I modified it show another field it turned into something like
"431241234, Smith" rather than "11-01-06, Smith" like I hoped.

I guess what I am really looking for is how to add new rendering views
esp ones that can pull from more than one column.