[TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.1 Beta 1

Daniel Doesburg daniel at typo3-nl.eu
Sat Nov 25 18:45:37 CET 2006

Ingmar Schlecht schreef:
> Hi folks,
>
> the first Beta of TYPO3 version 4.1 is ready for download. In contrast
> to the 4.0.x branch, 4.1 is not restricted to bugfixes but contains a
> bunch of new features as well.

May be one of the new features is a brand new installation procedure?

I tried to set up a new site with dummy 4.1b1 and source 4.1b1

In the past I never had problems to install a new site.
But now the 1-2-3 way as well the typo3/install way failed.

The 1-2-3 way gives: Error: The main frontend extension "cms" was not
loaded. Enable it in the extension manager in the backend

The typo3/install way: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC,
expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in
/srv/ngkassen/www/typo3_src-4.1beta1/t3lib/class.t3lib_loaddbgroup.php
on line 668

What can there be wrong?

Regards,

Daniel Doesburg