[TYPO3-dev] Creating links to Single Display Records (browselinks)

Thu Nov 16 14:04:23 CET 2006

Hi,

we are currently researching the possibilities to have an additional tab
in the linkbrowser, to add a direct link to a detailed view to a record.
Currently it’s impossible to add a link to a detail view directly by the
linkbrowser.

This could be very useful for different extensions, you could cerate in
your content a direct link to a news record, a event record or every
other record.

After reading the code, we discovered that the TYPO3 core is providing
the class.browse_links.php for generation of the tree based view for the
Link Popup. This class is also used and extended e.g. in the RTE
HTMLArea. This class has currently no hooks to extend, so a extension
could only be done by xclassing.

Has somebody done something similar already?
Does somebody also need this in his/her extension?

How could this be integrated in TYPO3 to match the Core basis and also
the extension basis (e.g. RTE).

ingo

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung