[TYPO3-dev] EXTERNAL_URLzpKZuM

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Nov 15 09:09:34 CET 2006

Hi Ben,

>>> On one of my TYPO3 installs I get generated these files
>>> "EXTERNAL_URLzpKZuM" and "EXTERNAL_URLzpKZuM" etc. All files are 0 byte
>>> size. It seems to have something to do with Indexed Search. I have not
>>> seen these files before.
>>>
>>> What are they?
>>
>> Maybe temporary files the indexer creates, when crawling external URLs:
>
> Indeed this was enabled on one of the subdomains. I disabled that and
> now the files are not generated anymore. It still makes me wonder why
> these files with the size of 0 bytes are generated at all.

They are created by indexed_search in the function indexExternalUrl() of
class.indexer.php:

=== cut ===

        // Create temporary file:
$tmpFile = t3lib_div::tempnam('EXTERNAL_URL').'.html';
t3lib_div::writeFile($tmpFile, $content);

        // Index that file:
$this->indexRegularDocument($externalUrl, TRUE, $tmpFile, 'html');
unlink($tmpFile);

As you can see, the file should be removed right after it has been created.
Seems like for some reason this does not work in your situation. But maybe
this will help you to locate the problem?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out