[TYPO3-dev] RFC: css_styled_content & localization]

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Nov 14 14:23:54 CET 2006

>> Will this is true for my code.
>
> No.
>
>> dataWrap = <a id="c{field:_LOCALIZED_UID//field:uid}"></a> |
>
> This produces exactly one anchor with either _LOCALIZED_UID or uid
> while both needed.
>
>> I can't imagine any scenario where an element with two different
>> anchors at once is necessary. But maybe someone can enlighten me, so
>> that I can stick to my signature  ;-)
>
> I can only recommend to look to core list archives for original
> thread. It dates back to end of June or July.

Well - I had a look at the thread and just found the problem mentioned there
is not solved by any of the proposed solutions yet.

Reason: We are not talking about "both" but _every_ possible translation.
If Stucki is right, we will need an anchor for each of the translations,
creating a list that has to be automatically updated if there are new
translations added by some editors.

Seems that _LOCALIZED_UID is not enough, since it just contains the uid of
the current language. So we will need something like _LOCALIZED_UID_LIST
instead and create a bunch of anchors from this list, to make sure that
every possible mistake made by editors while linking to translated elements
is eliminated.

That raises the question: Is it necessary that the CMS takes over the
responsibility for mistakes made by its users? IMHO it's enough to create
just one localized anchor for a localized element. Currently there is no
possibility to link to localized elements at all, so no problem with
backwards compatibility.

The documentation however should state clearly: If you are copying elements
to translate them, always make sure that links are pointing to the correct
element too, else links to anchors may fail!

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de