[TYPO3-dev] XHTML compliant ?!

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:04:40 CET 2006

On 11/9/06, x3n <x3n at molinier.eu> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm curently developing a frontend extension that displays ordinary
> HTML. It's quite simple and be be summed up in one line : return my_page.
>
> However I'm faced with an annoying problem. Somewhere in my HTML page, I
> there is a select box, with a default choice. The code looks like :
>         <option name="toto" selected>

Martin is correct; in xhtml, all attributes must have a quoted value
(even if it's an empty string).

> This code is compliant to XHTML Standards. It's summarized, but it
> doesn't matter. So, I was expecting to have a compliant output on my
> frontend, but it's not. I don't know why, but the selected is modified
> in selected="", which is no longer compliant...
>
> Do you have any clue why typo3 is modifying those markup ?

I'd say the probability is 99.5% + that what you are seeing in the
source has nothing to do with TYPO3. When you view the source in many
browsers, you do /not/ see the exact code sent by the webserver...

--
Christopher Torgalson