[TYPO3-dev] XHTML compliant ?!

x3n x3n at molinier.eu
Thu Nov 9 16:49:54 CET 2006

Hello everybody,

I'm curently developing a frontend extension that displays ordinary
HTML. It's quite simple and be be summed up in one line : return my_page.

However I'm faced with an annoying problem. Somewhere in my HTML page, I
there is a select box, with a default choice. The code looks like :
	<option name="toto" selected>

This code is compliant to XHTML Standards. It's summarized, but it
doesn't matter. So, I was expecting to have a compliant output on my
frontend, but it's not. I don't know why, but the selected is modified
in selected="", which is no longer compliant...

Do you have any clue why typo3 is modifying those markup ?

Best regard,

Lionel MOLINIER