[TYPO3-dev] Index of table sys_refindex

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Nov 6 14:58:46 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

>> That's why I want the (123) installer to ask for the charset. So it
>> can create the DB with proper charset.
>
> Often it is not possible to create database (hosting control panel
> creates it). It would be good if installer-1-2-3 set character set for
> tables correctly.

Fine as well.

The point is that forceCharset must be set at least prior the creation of
the tables. Currently this option is hidden within the "general" section of
the installer.

As this setting is extremely important it should be made more prominent.

Note that even setting forceCharset to anything else (eg big5) should have
an effect on the creation of the db and the tables.

Masi