[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x -- WAS: TYPO3 5 mailing list?

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Wed May 31 14:03:55 CEST 2006

> Basically:
> - Identify components (each later described with RFC)
> - Place them in relation to each other (2D map of some sort)
> - Develop the RFCs
> - Produce the RFCs

In my personal opinion this could include well improved processes in
software engineering (SE)... (because TYPO3 and the developmentteam gets
bigger and bigger this is more and more neccessarry I think)

the analyse part is the most important so identifing components may
consist of:
-high level components and the cooperation
-design of this components
   -target1: well maintainable and scalable (define which classes and
methods)
   -target2: use existent (TYPO3) classes or modules

Of course I dont want to clarify SE, sorry. But sometimes it seems like
the main point is on discussing what feature should be implemented...

Maybe also focusing on how (e.q. what class architecture ) would help to
improve software quality...

What I want to say is - that I think an RFC is not rich enough to
provide support for that...

In SE UML Diagramms are the standardized tools for that..
(Currently I miss UML diagramms of the database and of some key TYPO3
architectures.)

So maybe include architecture-discussions with the help of UML?