[TYPO3-dev] Tabs for setting page properties

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed May 31 08:49:41 CEST 2006

Hi Masi and other

Masi wrote that it would be nice
have tabs for setting page propties,
because it is not possible beforehand to
know, what is need in certain situation.

A good example from the English list "
I need a page in my page tree that has properties from two different page
types:

- I need to store an image in the media field, which I have only if it's a
page of type "Advanced".
- And the page should redirect to the first sub-page, which is only
possible
if it's a page of type "Shortcut".

What to do?"

Well this has been answered but it shows the problem.
What tabs could be

* Generic - page type (still needed to get proper icon for each page
type to the page tree and at least separting pages, which should never
be shown in frontend), header, alias
* Advanced (what belongs to generic and what to advanced is in many case
  a matter of taste)
* System - sysfolder, recycler and spacer related info
* Linking - mount page, shortcut and external URL related data