[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 5 mailing list?

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Tue May 30 14:27:05 CEST 2006

I have a few of points:

1. I think we need a pre-development discussion in
the form of a wiki or a mailing list. There are
too many ideas at the moment and we need to get
the out in the open, explained and justified.

2. Although TYPO3 is modular at the moment, there
are things that some of us would like to do which
will reorganise that structure - and this will
should be discussed in #1

3. I agree about your few ideas and spreading the
workload

4. I think that all contributions to the V5
discussion should be in RFCs which are thoroughly
thought out, contain code examples, list the
impacts on TYPO3, and list the advantages/reasons
for doing it. These RFCs should be published on a
mailing list or in a special part of typo3.org.
Anyone should be able to comment on them. The RFCs
would be more general and wide-ranging than the
applications for funding.

We probably need some way of choosing the RFCs
which are feasible, worth doing and that the
community likes - how this could happen, I'm not sure.

Regards,
dan