[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 5 mailing list?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue May 30 11:16:48 CEST 2006

Hi Sven.

> Answer to question one
> -----------------------
> If the point of view is on REAL market requirements
> -> long time supportable code base
> -> industrial quality assurance (see input from eclipse project)
> -> using real standards
> -> don't redefine the wheel another time (no, that's no sarcasm)
> -> find real key features, bigger sized companies will sponsor
>    -> something like Unified Storage Layer could be

Thank you very much, but you are not answering my question. I
specifically asked not to get suggestions for what 5.0 should look
like and every one of your suggestions is just that.

Currently, your fine suggestions (and others) are posted to the list
and forgotten again. How can we change that?

- Do you hope to be headhunted for the R&D committee?
- Do you want a big meeting where you and others interested in 5.0
can participate and brainstorm ideas with the core developers?
- Should we keep the process online and use a wiki for it?
- A new mailing list?
- Should we ask for peoples education and only allow those in who
read "Design Patterns"?
- Should everybody be allowed to post 5 ideas which he is guarantee
to get an evaluation of?

Its the "how" question at this point, not the "what".

> Answer on question two
> -----------------------
> -> Fixing mistake in question first: ...developers and investors ...
> -> two get a really good framework to build customizable web apps
>    (see zope server as python example for that)
> -> Give companies a protection of investments by dropping unnecessary
>    flexibility and including more existing standards
> -> integrate the community very early due events like "code sprints"
>    (ok, nowadays you call it developer days)
> -> to have fun by developing a new clean codebase that is really
>    extendible???

Your answers to question two is also mixed up a bit and requires some
interpretation before I feel they are useful. This is what I hear you
say, true?:

- The vision of a great end product ("really good framework") will
motivate the best developers to make 5.0 happen.
- Recruitment/Coding events ("code sprints") will attract great
developers and motivate them to make 5.0 happen.
- Academic "fun" ("developing new clean codebase") in the process
will motivate the best developers to make 5.0 happen.

- kasper