[TYPO3-dev] A skin problem in page tree

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon May 29 17:33:59 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>  >

>> I just wonder, why people don't think skinning properly.
>

> Had another look on skinning yesterday and - if I'm not mistaken - a
> skinning extension has to be in typo3/sysext or typo3/ext, but not in
> typo3conf/ext.

> So Tapio, what about a new skinning API (along with a new directoy
> layout) for TYPO3 5.0?

My skills are not enough good for that. Web > List should need
AJAX-scripts and that change can't do with my skills.

I could clean existing core files for Typo 4.x removing

* spacer images, spacer DIV's and spacer BR tags + unnecessary hardcoded
layout-related attributes.

Insted of them section dividers (DIV) with well-named class and/or id
attributes and for every need table also proper class and/or id attributes.

With section dividers should control spaces - then easy to alter wiht
CSS and harmfull spacer elements are gone.