[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 5 mailing list?

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Mon May 29 09:31:46 CEST 2006

Sven Wilhelm wrote:

> I asked Michael to open such a list several weeks ago. He told me that
> he likes to consult Kasper if it's ok.

No new lists have been opened for this purpose atm. The project 5.0 has not
been started officially by the R&D team. The reason for not opening new
lists is that we would like to have the opportunity to discuss organisation
of the whole matter before actually going into tech details.

The dev list is for issues concerning development of core and extensions in
general.

> Last he told me that it could be better to open the Research and
> Development list for that, but could take some time.

Well, R&D list is for the R&D committee, which is not the 5.0 development
group, but the group of people that organizes and approves of funding for
development for the TYPO3 association. Even though there is probably an
overlap of people is two different things.

The R&D list can not be open for everybody, but everybody is free to join
the T3A and apply for membership of the committee.

> No knowledge about current state, and not more interested in.

A lot of people are having a (well deserved) break. Kasper is a new dad,
Robert was just married and is on his honeymoon. Basically things are on
hold for a while.

> The whole TYPO3 project is very "transparent".

What kind of information do you not have access to that you would like to
have?

--
- Christian Jul Jensen

TYPO3 core developer (http://TYPO3.org)