[TYPO3-dev] A skin problem in page tree

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun May 28 10:14:58 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula schrieb:

> BTW. I found quite serious skinning problems in image and link
> pop-up windows. in image window many tables are missing of
> id and class attributes - prevents properly skinning. In addition
> submit buttons don't have classes (concerns also other submit buttons in
> Typo3 BE).

Are these problems of the Core or of the new skin? I believe that I have
found problems in both of them. The former has still hard-coded colurs
and other oddities, the latter is incomplete (classes and images missing)

> I just wonder, why people don't think skinning properly.

I believe it was an afterthought. If you look at all the classes the 3.8
skin uses and the new ones the new skin uses you see that the old (PHP
generated) lacks general purpose classes.
At least I think this is the reason why the new overrides *all* classes
of the BE.

And to be honest, skinning of the BE is nice, but not the topmost priority.

But well, if a feature exists it should be done properly. So file a
couple of bugs. Small and nice pieces, please. IMHO only small chunks of
work have chance to be done. Patches - working and quality code, no
"works for me" hacks! - might help as well.

Masi