[TYPO3-dev] TinyMCE instead of HTMLAREA

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu May 25 08:44:07 CEST 2006

Hi

In the English list I read that Peter Klein uses TinyMCE
- and in fact recommends it.

It has a tiny bug in the the image tool for Typo3 - easy to fix.

I added Finnish language pack. Language packs for Typo3-specific plugins
must install separately and edit two js-files to get them supported.

The layout looks better than in HTMLAREA and toolbars can control
better. Extra table-operations works better - in order to get extra
table options to work with HTMLAREA, you need to know which version to use.
TinyMCE doesn't that problem. Extra table options work with many Typo
version. Tested Typo3 3.7.1, 3.8.1 and 4.0.

Problem:
In addition table border highligh is as default. For me pop-up for table
doesn't always work in the first time.

In overall TinyMCE seems more promising than HTMLAREA.