[TYPO3-dev] $BE_USER object in FE

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu May 18 19:34:28 CEST 2006

ZveroBoy wrote:
> I needed to change a method getListContent of class tx_ttnews, all
> worked, except for one moment, the object $BE_USER was inaccessible. I
> was found out, that in FE this object is inaccessible. Then I have
> created the BE extention and replaced this method, but it works strange:

A global object "$BE_USER" is only available in the Frontend as long as you
are logged in into the Backend as ANY user ...

The reason for this is that FE-Editing works properly ...

In you FE application/plugin you shall never use $BE_USER except if you are doing
stuff regarding FE-Editing ...

May you tell what you are trying to do ? Pherhaps you just need a different approach.
If you want to insert the Username of the creating user into a News you would have to
fetch the required BE-USER object ... but for this you do not even need PHP .. you can
do this plain in TypoScript without any requirements to modify tt_news !!!

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919