[TYPO3-dev] $BE_USER object in FE

ZveroBoy cyberty at mail.ru
Thu May 18 01:33:28 CEST 2006

I needed to change a method getListContent of class tx_ttnews, all
worked, except for one moment, the object $BE_USER was inaccessible. I
was found out, that in FE this object is inaccessible. Then I have
created the BE extention and replaced this method, but it works strange:

class ux_tx_ttnews extends tx_ttnews {
        function getListContent($itemparts, $selectConf, $prefix_display) {
                global $BE_USER;
                echo $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->user['username'];}
}

If the BE-user  enters this function nothing gives out.
If the administrator enters this function writes a username.

It is a "gremlin" or trouble with user rights?