[TYPO3-dev] Record translation

Tonni Aagesen goes.to at dev.null
Tue May 16 18:08:40 CEST 2006

Tonni Aagesen wrote:

> I've been looking through the FE Localization guide [1], and have
> created a small test-extension to do some testing. Most of it works
> out-of-the-box with kickstarter and all, but one little thing is missing.
>
> This image [2] shows the "Localize to" column with flags for records,
> that is not translated for some language. But in my case, these
> "localize to" links/flags are missing - the flags are in the
> "Localization" column.
>
> I have of course created an alternative page language etc.
>
> So I'd like to hear if any of you experienced this - before I begin
> serious debugging.

Hmm.. it seems the languages available for a record depends on wether
the page, that holds the records, is in fact present in the
page_language_overlay table - and not the sys_language table.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? This means that sysfolders should
be translated as well, to which I cannot find a good argument right now.

--
Regards
Tonni Aagesen