[TYPO3-dev] realURL: new patch for bypassing non-existant GETVARS

Andreas Förthner Andreas.Foerthner at netlogix.de
Tue May 16 12:02:39 CEST 2006

Hi Chi,

> 1.) Realurl makes extremly nice urls

that's true ;-)

> 2.) The GetVars-Patch is essential for the Office XP and Outlook Url Bug
> (see Office XP modifies what you type: Peter Deegan in Woodyswatch,
> http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/21.42.html)

this is a good point, I didn't see this, but great that it can be solved
with my patch...

> 3.) If you use the GetVars-Patch you must provide a value map, a lookup
> table or a userFunc.

Yes this is true, because the parameter is bypassed if there is no value
in one of those three locations provided. I think it's the same with the
normal bypass feature. But why do you want a non-translated parameter? I
don't see the point, sorry.

> 4.) If you use the getVars-Patch, don't use the same array key again in
> a value map. This rule is for preVars and postVars.

Oh this is a good point. I think it should only occur if you have
dublicates in neigboured parameters...

> I hope this will help you a bit. Needless to say that I would like see
> the getVars-Patch in the next Realurl release. It's a good idea, Kasper!

Of course this feedback is great, thanks a lot. The rest: +1 from me ;-)

Have a nice day

Andreas