[TYPO3-dev] (no subject)

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue May 16 10:55:00 CEST 2006

Hi TYPO3 Community
According to our roadmap we are now aiming for version 4.5 of TYPO3.
That version is focused on enhancing "ease-of-use" in TYPO3 -
_enabling_ people to communicate. This is not limited to the backend
skin, AJAX implementations, sheer usability improvements while it
includes those. Ease-of-use will be on all levels: For the developer,
the administrator and the end-user.
Some improvements are no-brainers which we have talked about for
years. Others are more tricky and involves management of the risk of
actually making it worse since we have a legacy to respect as well.
Therefore we wish to invite very broad participation into this work;
we need skills reaching further than the usual PHP suspects ;-)
To have an initial bazaar startup I have created the HCI team
identified by a mailing list (link below) which for now is public. I
invite everyone who is interested in this subject to subscribe to the
list. Introduce yourself, offer your ideas and competences, present
suggestions to how we can run this process in a way so we true
knowledge of what to improve for version 4.5 - on all levels. Don't
be too specific at first; let focus generally on where to focus and
how to do that - jointly!
Subscribe now, I expect to kick it off for real next week.

hci/
News: news://news.netfielders.de/typo3.teams.hci

Sincerely, your captain,

- kasper